- All our cake designs are bespoke and you the customer are involved in the design process, however the final product is dependent on the information given to The Cheltenham Cakery by the customer. The interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amends to the core designs are approved by the customer during the order process; written descriptions and a diagram/sketch will be used to explain what the customer will receive.
- The Cheltenham Cakery will do its best to match any colour requests for icing or detailing but we cannot guarantee an exact Pantone match as colours present differently in different materials. We aim for a perfect match but this is not always possible.
- The Cheltenham Cakery will do its best to replicate any material such as lace or embroidery detailing, crystal embellishments in the design as agreed but reserves the right to alter the design due to supplies. The Cheltenham Cakery will do its upmost to ensure that the client is informed should this occur.
Allergies & Special Dietary Requirements
- All cakes are delivered with ingredients lists and allergy information for catering staff’s reference. If the bridal couple require this information separately and earlier it should be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All The Cheltenham Cakery wedding cakes contain butter, gluten (wheat) and eggs and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya and alcohol.
- The Cheltenham Cakery offers the option for gluten-free cakes but we cannot guarantee that trace amounts will not be present. The Cheltenham Cakery do not currently cater for other allergy requirements.
- The Cheltenham Cakery accepts no liability for clients suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
- It is the clients responsibility to make The Cheltenham Cakery aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their cake.
- The Cheltenham Cakery requests that cake designs requesting fresh flowers, flowers to be ordered via the florist to ensure continuity of florals used.
- The Cheltenham Cakery takes no responsibility for any adverse effects that may be caused by using fresh flowers – please ensure you discuss with your florist which flowers are safe to use on food products. If you require a copy of the Toxicity and Florals Guidance please ask The Cheltenham Cakery and a copy will be made available to you.
Consultation and Tasting
- The samples given in our tasting boxes are made to tried and tested wedding cake recipes. However, every cake is handmade to order using fresh and natural ingredients and on rare occasions slight variations may occur as a result of this.
- Design consultations are included in your deposit and will take place at a mutually agreed time.
- For bookings made over 18 months in advance tasting boxes and consultations may be postponed to a time nearer the event
Payment and deposits
- Customers will receive written quotes
- A minimum deposit of £50 secures your wedding date and includes a tasting box. Wedding dates are not secured until this deposit has been recieved
- The Cheltenham Cakery only take on one wedding order a week so once a date has been fulfilled for that week then The Cheltenham Cakery is fully booked.
- Deposits are non-refundable. Please refer to the section regarding cancellations for more details.
- The final payment of the balance is due, at the latest, 30 days before your wedding. Payment can be made earlier if you wish, but any balances must be paid in full 30 days prior to delivery/collection.
- Failure to complete payment by 30 days prior to your wedding may result in your cake order being cancelled.
- Payment methods accepted are Cash, Credit Card or BACS.
- Late or non-payments could result in loss of your booking date. In the event of a late or non-payment, the order will not proceed until alternative funding has been agreed and payment made in full. In these circumstances, subsequent completion of the order on the required date will not be guaranteed and becomes Subject To Availability.
Cake Table Styling
- The Cheltenham Cakery provides a cake table styling service.
- All details for styling will be quoted and detailed separately as these packages are created individually for clients
- All props supplied for by The Cheltenham Cakery are done so on a hire basis as covered by our ‘Stands and Styling Props Hire’ below
Change of Wedding Date
If, for any reason you wish to re-arrange the date of your wedding, we will try our best to accommodate these changes without any additional charges provided sufficient notice is given and that we are able to provide a cake for the re-arranged wedding date. However, if we are fully booked on your new wedding date and cannot provide the wedding cake, it will not be possible to refund your deposit.
The limiting factor with any cake provision is usually the cake set-up. As a compromise, it may be possible to provide you with a cake prior to your wedding date, but under these circumstances it will become your responsibility to collect, deliver and set-up the cake at the venue. If you cancel your wedding cake order with us after requesting a change of date no refunds will be made to you (the client) under any circumstances.
- Any alterations you wish to make to your confirmed, ordered cake design must be requested in writing to email@example.com. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to make alterations to cakes requested within a month of delivery. If an alteration affects the cost, your balance will be adjusted accordingly. We will be able to send you written confirmation of the changes.
- We cannot refund the cost of any cakes cancelled with less than 30 days’ notice.
- Cancellations made with more than 31 days notice will be discretionary and proportionate to any work already undertaken in preparation for the cake – cake designs that require lots of sugar work or bespoke decorations, these decorative elements are often made in advance
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- All Cancellations must be made in writing. Verbal phone cancellations will not be binding.
- The Cheltenham Cakery provide free set up and delivery in venues within central Cheltenham. Venue set up and delivery’s outside this will incur additional charge of £15 per hour and £0.50 per mile (round trip) minimum charge of one hour. Delivery charges include delivery to the agreed location for an agreed time, liaison with caterer or banqueting manager at your venue and assembly of the cake in-situ and any cake table styling that has been requested.
- Delivery charges are calculated as starting from The Cheltenham Cakery in Cheltenham, GL50. The route taken is at the cakery’s discretion.
- The Cheltenham Cakery offers the option for customers to collect their cake free of charge from our Cheltenham studio. Not all cakes may be suitable for collection so please ask for more detailed information.
- Where possible cakes required for collection will be ‘fitted’ with a sturdy stacker (at additional cost)
- The Cheltenham Cakery accepts no liability for self assembly cakes that are not assembled properly or are damaged during assembly.
- Please note – wedding cakes can be very heavy and large and the decorative elements may need to come in separate boxes.
- The Cheltenham Cakery advises against the transportation of wedding cakes via public transport.
Stand & Styling Props Hire
- The Cheltenham Cakery have a number of stands, bases and cupcake tower stands available for hire. All stands require a deposit, in addition to hire charges, which is fully refundable on return of the hired stand. Any damages will be deducted from the deposit. In the event that damages are excessive, or a loss has occurred the deposit will be retained.
- The Cheltenham Cakery has some cake table styling props that are available for hire. Styling props require a deposit, in addition to hire charges, which is fully refundable on return of the hired stand. Any damages will be deducted from the deposit. In the event that damages are excessive, or a loss has occurred the deposit will be retained.
- The Cheltenham Cakery accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location.
- For cakes delivered to wedding venues, The Cheltenham Cakery requires a signed delivery note by the caterer to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition, along with photographs/video as proof of this. Cakes collected from the studio must be checked by the customer on collection, a signage will then be required to say they have been collected in perfect condition. Damages after this point are not The Cheltenham Cakery’s responsibility.
- The Cheltenham Cakery wedding cakes are made to be as sturdy as possible but they are made of fresh cake and as such will require care and attention when handling, storing and displaying to prevent damage occurring. Please inform your caterers to carefully read the care information that comes with the cake on delivery.
- Care must be taken when displaying your cake at your wedding to avoid direct sunlight, spotlights, candles or direct heat sources ie radiators, these can cause damage to the cake decorations. Hand-painted cakes, lustered cakes are particularly vulnerable to heat and light damage. The Cheltenham Cakery cakes are designed to withstand normal and reasonable display conditions. Special requirements regarding display suitability will be discussed during the consultation process. The Cheltenham Cakery accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged during display at your wedding.
- For cakes being set up in a marquee situation please note that excessively warm and hot conditions may impact on the cake and it may be necessary to have the cake stored somewhere cooler and brought out when required.
- The Cheltenham Cakery accepts no complaints to cakes that have been signed for on collection or after venue set up. By signing the receipt, the signer, confirms that the cake provided meets and matches the design brief agreed between The Cheltenham Cakery and the client.
- Any complaints other than cake design need to be made within 48 hours in writing to The Cheltenham Cakery. Issues raised after this time frame will be dealt with accordingly.